About Lands of Éogain
The Lands of Éogain is a group of local heritage enthusiasts that aim to contribute to the development of heritage in Inishowen. By collaborating with local and international heritage groups, Lands of Éogain hope to raise awareness of the significance of Inishowen in a European historical context and for its intrinsic and economic value to our communities. The Lands of Éogain group aims to deliver high-quality projects in the fields of natural and cultural heritage on Inishowen, to promote sustainable destination tourism and stimulate a community sense of guardianship of our historic sites.
To develop heritage in Inishowen by collaborating with local and international heritage groups with a view to raising awareness of the significance of Inishowen in a European historical context and for its intrinsic and economic value to our communities.
- To collate information on the heritage sites of Inishowen
- To disseminate this information through talks, the media and Internet
- To communicate with local heritage groups
- To liase with an Inishowen Community Archaeologist
- To raise awareness and appreciation of heritage in Inishowen
- To establish academic links both nationally and internationally
- To promote Inishowen as a significant heritage tourist destination
- To develop and deliver projects on Inishowen with community and heritage groups
- To provide training opportunities on heritage
- To complement and engage with other initiatives in music, art and genealogy